This is an excerpt from my brand new Amazon best selling book Welcome to the Funnel which is on sale at Amazon right now for only $5.99.
One thing I am frequently asked is what blogs I subscribe to and read on a daily basis to keep up on news, trends, and all things marketing. Here are the ones that I read every single day so that I never miss a beat. I use Pulse as my reader and have a custom channel dedicated to these remarkable blogs. The blogs listed below are my personal favorites. If there is such a thing as a PhD in online marketing, this is where they would pull the classroom materials from, so take full advantage of this cornucopia of free knowledge for marketers.
There is a lot of content here so maybe you don’t need to read every single one of these blogs daily, but as a marketer you certainly should be subscribed to and skimming all of these on a daily basis.
Here are the 16 essential marketing blogs that I read religiously.
1. http://moz.com/blog – For all things SEO and beyond, Whiteboard Fridays are a MUST watch. Rand Fishkin is a genius.
2. http://www.copyblogger.com/blog/ – The smartest folks in the world on how to tie everything together; SEO, Social, Content, and more. Brilliant stuff.
3. http://www.annhandley.com/ – Chief Content Officer at Marketing Profs and author of Everybody Writes, Ann is the queen of content marketing and storytelling for business.
4. http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/blog/ – It’s an institute dedicated to content marketing founded by the Godfather of content Mr. Joe Pulizzi. Enough said.
5. http://www.toprankblog.com/ – A little bit of everything; a whole lotta’ awesome
6. http://www.convinceandconvert.com/blog/ – Daily goodness from Jay Baer and company.
7. http://www.briansolis.com/ – Insights from one of the most forward-thinking marketers on the planet.
8. http://sethgodin.typepad.com/ – The man, the legend, essential daily reading for all marketers.
9. http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/ – A full lesson in social media marketing every single day.
10. https://www.marketingtechblog.com/ – Bleeding-edge marketing from Doug Karr and company.
11. http://www.funnelholic.com/ – Craig Rosenberg might actually be the real “most interesting man in the world.” Fantastic insights around the intersection of all things content marketing, social media, and sales and marketing.
12. http://chrisbrogan.com/blog/ – Incredibly inspiring posts on marketing and most recently Brogan’s remarkable journey to becoming both mentally and physically fit. Real world marketing advice from a guy who tells it like it is.
13. http://www.internetmarketingninjas.com/blog/ – This is one of those hidden gem blogs that is super helpful around SEO, content and social media. Ann Smarty is one of the contributors and she is brilliant.
14. http://www.b2bmarketinginsider.com/ – Newscred’s VP of Content Michael Brenner delivers fantastic B2B marketing content each and every week.
15. http://www.heinzmarketing.com/matt-on-marketing/blog/ – Matt is the master of aligning sales and marketing and shares tips, tricks, strategies and tactics for doing so efficiently.
16. http://heidicohen.com/– Heidi’s posts are incredibly detailed. It’s sort of like getting a full marketing lesson in a condensed format for the very busy marketer. Fantastic insights from a super smart marketer.