My wife says that I’m one of the most thoughtful, best gift-givers of all time. That’s a pretty bold statement, but I’ll settle for the top 10. It’s definitely my Love Language. This year I thought I would put that advice to the test and pull together ten of the coolest gift ideas for the person in your life who either has everything or is impossible to buy for. Mind you; these are inspired by rock n roll and creativity; from stocking stuffers to the main act, there’s something for everyone below.
- Nikon ZFC – This is my everyday camera and the one I carry everywhere. It’s a digital camera with the look and feel of a classic Nikon film camera.
- Down in Front – The ultimate coffee table book and a great gift for the music lover in and photography fan. Over 275 glorious full-colour pages taken over a ten-year journey of photographing hundreds of bands across several countries.
- Fender Bullet Mustang Guitar – One of the coolest guitars ever produced and now available at several different price points from entry-level to pro. I have both bass and guitar, and they are my absolute favourites to jam on. The one I’ve linked to here is an insanely cheap price point and is super fun to play. I have one that sits next to my desk, and I play it every single day.
- Custom Framed Print – Art is not only timeless but also personal. The new RocknRollCocktail holiday print store is live for a limited time. There are exclusive one-of-one prints available, as well as numbered gallery-framed prints. Each order comes with a free digital version of the award-winning photography book Down in Front.
- Heavy Metal Socks – Who the f*ck doesn’t love socks?
- AC/DC Monopoly – LET THERE BE ROCK! This one is great for collectors and board game fans alike. This one is a beauty and tons of fun to play.
- Insta360 – Prepare to have your creative mind blown. This is the most incredible 360 camera I’ve ever used before. It’s not a gimmick by any means, and the things it can capture will forever change how you think about video. The X3 is the way to go unless you want to go full-on nuclear in low light with the Leica 1-inch sensor version.
- Bo Burham box set – Recognized as one of the most acclaimed comedy albums of the past decade, INSIDEis not only a cultural phenomenon, but Burnham made history as “the first person to win three EMMY Awards individually in a single year. This vinyl box set is absolutely gorgeous and will blow the mind of both the vinyl hound and the vinyl snob.
- Marshall Bluetooth Speaker – Not all speakers are created equal. This one will blow your hair back like those classic Maxell tape commercials. Pure rock n roll.
- AllSaints gift certificate – My favourite shop for rock n roll style clothes that you can wear in the business world. Not as expensive as John Varvatos, but equally as cool.
- Bonus Gift Idea: Mindjournal – Journal your way to a better you. Revolutionise your health with science-backed guided exercises, self-care prompts and mood trackers. Whether you want to get your mindset on track or chase next-level goals, this journal is just the beginning of your journey.
I hope you find this list useful and if you have any questions or need custom ideas from my archived collection of thousands of original photos from hundreds of bands across the globe, just shout.
Stay warm, stay cool.